This is the blog of journalist, Lonely Planet author and photographer Stuart Butler. It features news and travel updates from the regions in which Stuart works, including northeast Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia and Sudan), Yemen and Sri Lanka.


Tuesday 26 February 2013

Sri Lanka 2011/12

Tropical BeachTea bushesDance show Kandy Sri Lanka photo S.Butler 10Train ride -13Dance show Kandy Sri Lanka photo S.Butler 39Dambatenne tea factory
Mulkirigala Rock templewaterfalls Horton Plains National Park Sri Lanka photo S.Butler 4Gateway KataragamaTropical Beach 2Tea pickersGalle
Dance show Kandy Sri Lanka photo S.Butler 32View from Ella RockSign postTemple of the Tooth Kandy Sri Lanka photo S.Butler 9Bambarakanda waterfallsBuduruwagala Buddha statues/carvings
Dance show Kandy Sri Lanka photo S.Butler 44DagobaTrain ride -5Lawyer signs Kandyy Sri Lanka photo S.ButlerDoor, KataragamaTea plants

Sri Lanka 2011/12, a set on Flickr.

Ok I've (as usual) been really slow with this lot, but finally here are a selection of my images from my last Lonely Planet research trip to Sri Lanka. For this current edition I had the great pleasure of re-researching the south coast and west coast as with the previous edition, but I also got to cool off in the delightful hill country. I love doing the Sri Lanka book, it's one of those jobs that feels as much a holiday as a job - the people are warm and friendly, the curries the best in the world, the scenery beautiful, the beaches near perfect and so I could go on.... In fact the only negative I can ever really come up with is that I don't find it as photographically stimulating as its big brother to the north!

I'll be back in Sri Lanka later this year and am looking forward to a rice and curry already!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pic!! Your post is well and good. I really appreciated you but if you want to know something interest on Sri Lanka Holidays then just have a look on this site:www.goholidayinsrilanka.com

    ReplyDelete